Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 9, 2011

December 9, 2011
While we were talking about the influence of grandparents in a family I was thinking about my grandparents.  I don’t really have a relationship with any of my grandparents, at least not any tight bonds.  Many comments were made about positive experiences with grandparents and I realized that I don’t know much about the positive influences that grandparents can have on their grandchildren.  I want my children to have good relationships with both my parents and my husband’s parents.  I think there are things I can do to foster those relationships.  One of them is having good relationships or at least good feelings about all four those individuals myself.  I can also encourage my children to talk to their grandparents and spend time with them. 
Also in class Brother Williams mentioned that it is important to continue flirting with your spouse throughout marriage.  I usually just think of flirting as something you do to start dating but it is something that should continue throughout courtship and marriage.  I was thinking about some of the married and engaged couples I know or have known and how I don’t see them really flirt with or show affection to each other and it makes you wonder if they like each other.  To me that should not be something that is in question regarding the person you’ve committed to spend to rest of your life and in a lot of cases, eternity with.

No comments:

Post a Comment